Job Opportunities |
Working in LSCDD
We are constantly looking for
talented people to share in our vision and passion. For details, please see
current job openings.
|Bioinformatics Manager (Integrative Computational Sciences)
|Thursday, October 30, 2008
The Bioinformatics Manager will lead a team of 3 - 6 Bioinformaticians and will report to the Associate Director, Informatics at the Integrative Computational Sciences department (ICS) of Lilly Singapore Centre for Drug Discovery (LSCDD). The Bioinformatics Manager will play a key role in leading scientific research and drug discovery via the development of novel algorithms, data analyses methods and tools for biological interpretation of complex multi-dimensional data.
The successful candidate will work closely with biologists and chemists at Lilly and will establish strong team work with the software engineering group and informatics peers at ICS. He/She will also collaborate with the Discovery IT organization and Lilly Research Labs in Europe and USA. You will contribute in hands on data analysis, algorithm development and biological interpretation of Oncology, Diabetes, Cardiovascular and Neuroscience studies as well as in leading and mentoring a strong team of statisticians and bioinformaticians. You will provide bioinformatics insight and expertise in tailored therapeutic and statistical analyses at the post genomic era.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online:
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology / Biostatistics / Biophysics / or related discipline.
- 5 years post graduation experience
- 2 years management experience
- Strong Statistics: SAS / R/S-Plus / Matlab / Partek
- Strong Algorithm development.
- OS: Unix/Linux, Windows
- Programming: Java/C++/C# .Net.
- Databases: SQL/mySQL / Oracle.
- Scripting: Perl, Shell
- Preferred Experience:
- Industry experience at Biotech / Pharmaceutical / Drug Discovery
- Strong publication record in the field of Bioinformatics and Statistics
- Background in Oncology / Diabetes / Cardiovascular / Neuroscience.
- Experience in handling large data sets such as microarrays, sequencing, proteomics and imaging data.
- Prior work in Biology / Chemistry / Genomics
- Other Requirements:
- This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to communicate across domains with biologists and chemists of Lilly Drug Discovery Research and System Biology teams at Singapore as well as with discovery and medical research scientists at Lilly headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
- In-depth understanding, analysis and processing of data from various post-genomic technologies and their application towards clinical development of drugs (Statistical analysis and integration of genotyping, gene expression, chromosomal copy number and structural computational biology datasets).
- Expertise in methods and technologies utilized for integrative analysis of biosciences and clinical data, such as ontologies, semantic web technologies and data exchange standards.
- Expertise in heterogeneous data-mining / visualization methods, PK/PD and predictive modeling / simulation techniques relevant to biomarker platforms and utilized development of tailored therapeutics (molecular profiling, genetic and epigenetic technologies)
- Wide understanding of commercially available bioinformatics/clinical genomics tools and databases.
- Demonstrated learning agility. Excellent communication and collaborative skills and proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be flexible in working hours (to coordinate with different time-zones) and willingness to travel are a requirement.
Back to Job Listing