Job Opportunities |
Working in LSCDD
We are constantly looking for
talented people to share in our vision and passion. For details, please see
current job openings.
|Senior Statistical Geneticist (Integrative Computational Sciences)
|Thursday, November 06, 2008
The Senior Statistical Geneticist will join the Integrative Computational Sciences (ICS) department at Lilly Singapore Centre for Drug Discovery (LSCDD), towards the development of tailored therapeutics and personalized medicine. We study the genetics base of complex diseases and develop novel algorithms, data analysis methods and tools for drug discovery, biomarkers identification, population stratification and prediction of dose response.
The successful candidate will work closely with biologists, geneticists and physicians at Eli Lilly, as well as with bioinformaticians and software engineering peers at ICS. He/She will also collaborate with the Discovery Informatics organization and the Global Discovery Statistics group in Europe and USA.
You will contribute to a strong team of bioinformaticians and provide hands-on insight and expertise in statistical genetics and tailored therapeutic informatics in the post genomic era.
The role will involve the efficient and in-depth quality control, power calculations and statistical analysis of large-scale association and sequencing datasets with careful evaluation and biological interpretation of the generated results in Oncology, Diabetes, Neuroscience and Cardiovascular diseases.
The Senior Statistical Geneticist will participate in collaboration with academic institutions and industry partners.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online:
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Statistical Genetics or a related discipline.
- 3 years' post-graduation experience
- Statistical tools: SAS/R/S-Plus/Partek
- Experience in handling large data sets such as SNP/CNV Microarrays and Sequencing
- Preferred Experience :
- Industry experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical/Drug Discovery
- Strong publication record in the field of Statistical Genetics
- Collaboration in academic and industry consortiums.
- Bioinformatics tools: Structure, Hapmap, Genome Browsers, Spotfire, Helix Tree,
- OS: Unix/Linux, Windows
- Programming: C++/C# .Net
- Databases: Oracle/SQL/mySQL
- Scripting: Perl, Shell
- Other Requirements :
In-depth understanding, analysis and processing of data from various post genomic technologies and their application towards clinical development of drugs (Statistical analysis and integration of genotyping, gene expression, chromosomal copy number, epigenomics and structural computational biology datasets)
- Expertise in methods and technologies utilized for whole genome association studies
- Wide understanding of commercially available bioinformatics/clinical genomics tools and databases.
- Demonstrated learning agility
Excellent communication and collaborative skills with the ability to communicate across domains with biologists, geneticists and chemists in Lilly Drug Discovery Research, System Biology teams in Singapore and Lilly headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- Able to be flexible in working hours (to coordinate with different time-zones)
Back to Job Listing